1. Get with your Academic Counselor and create a four year high school plan.
2. Work hard to get good grades in all your classes.
3. Continue thinking about your life after college.
Do you know what you want to do, college, trade school, work, military etc.?
Do you know where you want to go to school?
Do you know what field you would like to study?
This site will help you see what careers are available: https://vernoncollege.emsicc.com/?radius=®ion=Vernon%20Campus
4. Participate in extracurricular activities, clubs, and service
5. Save for college
6. Explore summer opportunities.
7. Get familiar with the PSAT, ACT, SAT and begin studying.
ACT Link https://www.act.org/
8. Take the PSAT for practice (Optional in 10th grade)
(Look for emails regarding registration in September)
9. Attend college and career fairs
10. Tour college campuses
11. Do research about financial aid and begin looking for scholarships.
12. Get a College Board Account
13. Get an ACT.org Account
14. Get a Fast Web Account (Make sure you do not apply for scholarships that ask for money or social security number. They are scams.)
15. Have an end of school meeting with your academic counselor.
16. Make a list of all awards received during this year for future college and scholarship applications.
17. Begin looking at Dual Credit classes. Sign up with Vernon or MSU. Get with your academic counselor for more information.
Vernon Dual Credit Program https://www.vernoncollege.edu/dual-credit-home
MSU Dual Credit Program https://msutexas.edu/admissions/hs-dual-credit.php
18. Do service projects to put on hours on your transcript.
Wichita Christian School is an investment that will benefit your child for a lifetime.