The vision of Wichita Christian School is to equip students for this world and the next.
The mission of Wichita Christian School is to provide a quality education in a Christian environment that inspires hearts, minds and souls for successful living.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
The Wichita Christian School community believes that:
1. God is the creator of the universe and author of life (Genesis 1);
2. Jesus Christ is God's son who was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was crucified for the sins of the world, was resurrected from the dead, and is coming again to judge the world (Matthew 1:22, Hebrews 4:14-15, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4, Acts 17:30-31;
3. The Holy Spirit indwells Christians and helps them live a godly life (John 14:26);
4. The Bible is the inspired word of God given to humankind to reveal God's love and his will for our lives (2 Timothy 3:14-17);
5. The church is God's community of believers who encourage one another and communicate God's message to the world (1 Timothy 3:15, 2 Corinthians 13:11); and,
6. The family is the social unit God has designed to shape the faith of children and help them realize their God-given value (Deuteronomy 6:4-9, Ephesians 6:4).
STATEMENT OF EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHY
1. Wichita Christian School views parents as the primary educators of their children with the responsibility for choosing and/or providing appropriate education and training for their children.
2. Wichita Christian School believes that the church has an integral role in helping families train their children to be committed, steadfast Christians with moral strength, courage, character and responsibility.
3. Wichita Christian School believes that the purpose of Christian education is to collaborate with families and churches in providing for the intellectual, physical, spiritual, and social growth of children, and Wichita Christian School values its role as a partner in this endeavor.
4. Wichita Christian School will strive to educate the whole child by integrating God's Word into all of its curriculum.
5. Wichita Christian School will arm its students with a Christian faith and world-view with which they can overcome sin and show God's love to a sinful world.
6. Wichita Christian School will equip students to exercise Christian leadership in the world by providing for them a Christian environment for academic and spiritual instruction.
One of the greatest blessings of an education at Wichita Christian School is daily freedom to openly pray and give God the glory for every blessing—great or small—whether in the classroom, in friendships, on sports fields, or at home. At WCS, our direction, purpose, and vision are all shaped by God’s example. The following gives you a glimpse of spiritual life at Wichita Christian School.
Chapel: Students in preschool through 12th grade attend chapel weekly. Students sing praises to God, read scripture, and share life application lessons. Parents of WCS students are encouraged to attend chapel with their child if able and students regularly express that Chapel is a favorite part of their day.
Classroom: We have made the choice to emphasize both Christian character and exceptional academics because we believe a meaningful life requires both. Academic curriculum integrates Christian principles into lessons, assignments, and educational experiences. In order to enrich the spiritual experience and to provide a God-centered Christian education for our students, each child attends Bible class daily and learn non-denominational Biblical principles found in God’s Word.
Participation in several community and global outreach projects enhances the whole person by showing them how to give back:
Senior Mission Trip — Seniors support a charitable organization
Local Charitable Giving — Faith Refuge Women’s Shelter, Wichita Falls Area Food Bank, SONshine House, Coats for Kids, Toys for Tots, Patsy’s House, Hospice of Wichita Falls, and Faith Mission
Global Projects — Haiti Orphans Sponsorship and Operation Christmas Child
Outreach Giving — Blessing Bags for Christ’s Prison Ministry, St. Jude’s Trike-a-thon, Magi Project, and the Race for the Cure—Susan G. Komen Fund
Wichita Christian School is an investment that will benefit your child for a lifetime.