Summer before graduation
1. Do all the things listed on the other classes list
2. Narrow list of colleges
3. Request catalogs and information regarding admission and or scholarship applications and requirements from colleges of interest
4. Begin comparing “Cost of Attendance”, particularly tuition, fees, books, room and board
Fall before graduation
1. Attend college fairs, trade fairs, and financial aid nights sponsored locally
2. Take dual Credit classes in the fall and spring (This is optional. Talk to your academic counselor for more information)
Sign up with Vernon or MSU. Get with your academic counselor for more information.
Vernon Dual Credit Program https://www.vernoncollege.edu/dual-credit-home
MSU Dual Credit Program https://msutexas.edu/admissions/hs-dual-credit.php
3. Meet with your academic counselor to be sure you have all the credits you need to graduate.
4. Register for ACT or SAT in the fall, Winter, and Spring.
5. Watch for admission and scholarship application deadlines
6. Students and Parents: Fill out the FASFA to get a PIN which allows students and parents to apply for financial aid. (Applications begin on October 1st)
7. Begin applying at colleges for admission
8. If you are playing sports after college continue checking with the NCAA or NAIA for completed paperwork.
NCAA Link http://www.ncaa.org/
NAIA Link http://www.naia.org/
9. Continue adding to your awards and accomplishments journal
10. Take Senior Pictures.
11. Keep working on keeping your grades up.
12. Do service projects to put on hours on your transcript.
Spring Before Graduation
1. Continue attending college fairs and financial aid nights sponsored locally
2. Continue take the ACT or SAT
3. When W-2’s are received, prepare IRS taxes and get tax return information in for financial aid.
4. Complete and submit any other financial aid information needed for the colleges you are interested in attending.
5. Continue submitting applications for scholarships
6. Review college acceptances and compare financial aid award offers.
7. Accept the awards of your choice and notify other colleges of your decision.
8. Order your cap and gown in January.
Wichita Christian School is an investment that will benefit your child for a lifetime.